The State of the Nation's Housing 2014
With promising increases in home construction, sales, and prices, the housing market gained steam in early 2013. But when interest rates notched up at mid-year, momentum slowed.
Interactive Cost Burdens Map
Click map to launch (may take a few seconds to load)
Live Webcast Release: Thursday, June 26
The State of the Nation’s Housing 2014 was released by live webcast on Thursday, June 26. The webcast featured a panel discussion and viewers were able to tweet questions using the hashtag #harvardhousingreport.
- Xavier de Souza Briggs, Vice President, Economic Opportunity and Assets Program, The Ford Foundation (moderator)
- Chris Herbert, Research Director, Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Daryl Carter, Chairman, National Multifamily Housing Council; Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Avanath Capital Management
- Mike Calhoun, President, Center for Responsible Lending
- Lisa Sturtevant, Director, Center for Housing Policy; Vice President for Research, National Housing Conference