Grants for Student-Organized Events & Projects
In addition to fellowships and research grants, we provide student groups with grants to support conferences, events, and service projects that, at least in part, focus on issues related to housing and community development.
In recent years, this funding has supported a variety of activities including:
- A Convergence | at the Confluence of Power, Identity and Design, a November 2018 conference organized by Women in Design, a student-run organization at the Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD).
- Innovative Approaches to Addressing Homelessness, an October 2018 panel discussion organized by the Harvard Urban Planning Organization, a student-run group at GSD.
- Beyond the Blueprint: Triumph through Policy and Practice, the 14th annual Black Policy Conference, held in April 2018 and organized by students at the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS).
- Uniting Against Poverty: New Alliances and Partnerships, a February 2018 conference organized by Students for the Alleviation of Poverty and Inequality (SAPSI), an HKS student group.
- India Conference 2018, an annual student-run conference held in February 2018 at the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) and the Harvard Business School (HBS).
- The Black in Design Conference, a biannual event organized by GSD’s African American Student Union
Our support for events comes with a requirement that we be listed as a co-sponsor. If requested, we may also be able to provide assistance with planning and/or publicizing the event.