The Joint Center for Housing Studies, Harvard University's center for information and research on housing in the United States, is seeking a communications assistant to work with its administrative team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications, the Student Assistant’s responsibilities include assisting with event planning and preparation (coordinating RSVPs, keeping spreadsheets, overseeing online event registrations, printing and organizing event materials, etc.), maintaining the Center’s website, mailing lists and databases, assisting with large mailings, copyediting, writing press releases, monitoring media coverage, fielding media inquiries, and other general office duties.
Position runs through the spring semester with a possibility of extending through the summer or fall semester.
The Joint Center analyzes economic and demographic trends and their effects on U.S. housing policy. An interest in housing studies is welcome but not required.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- HTML/CMS experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Event management experience a plus (handling online registrations, printing nametags, table tents, etc.)
- Ability to work on deadline
Location: Joint Center for Housing Studies, 1 Bow Street, Suite 400, Cambridge
Hours: 10-20 hours/week, daytime, flexible hours.
Rate: Commensurate with experience. Work-study and non-work-study students are eligible.
Contact: Please email resume and a brief cover letter to Angela Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org